Tuesday 1 May 2012

Scene 2 creation

For scene two I used the generic stage that I created for all my animation scenes. When using this stage all I had to do was firstly place my models in the correct starting points. Once the models were in place I could begin animating them. When the models start to move over the hill, they did not need to follow the terrain of the hill exactly. This was because this part of the animation was not in view, due to the camera angle. But once the models reach the brow of the hill, they needed to follow and reactant to the terrain exactly. This meant that I had to move and rotate the models individually every few frames. I found this very difficult at first. This is because it was hard to make the models follow the incline of the slope and react to any bumps and dips.

Once the animation was completed the camera angles and lighting needed to be added. A daylight system was added to the animation. The daylight system was angled with the direction and tilt to cast a realistic shadow for a scene set in the evening. This was consistent with all the other scenes. For the camera angle, I placed a stationary camera pointed at the brow of the hill. For this camera I choose a stock lenses that could fit all of the siege engines and the background in the scene, but while not being too zoomed out, so that the siege engines appear tiny.

The images bellow show scene 2 of my animation:


No comments:

Post a Comment