Tuesday 1 May 2012

Scene 5 creation


Scene five is the final scene of the animation. This scene was intended to be the climatic end to the battle where the siege engines finally reach the wall. This scene started with the basic stage that was used to create scenes 2, 3 and 4. Then I imported a model of the arrow and grouped it together. I then scaled up the arrow so it would look to scale next to the other models. Next I positioned the arrow in the air above the wall and rotated the arrow so it pointed downwards at an angle. Finally using arrays I copied the arrow a number of times.

Next I added the three models of the siege engines to the stage and grouped the bottom half and the top half of the siege engines. The siege engines were then individually animated moving up to the wall and then dropping their draw bridges. Then using key frames and auto key I animated the arrow firing downwards at the ground around the siege engines.

For the camera for this scene I used a target camera. I placed the camera and adjusted the stock lenses to fit all the siege engines and the background in the battle scene. This proved difficult to fit everything within the scene, without making everything look too small.

Once the camera was set up the lighting was added. A daylight system was added to the animation. The daylight system was angled with the direction and tilt to cast a realistic shadow for a scene set in the evening. This was consistent with all the other scenes. But with the daylight system I encountered a problem within this scene. The problem was that the arrows in the air were casting a shadow on the scene. After tweaking the positing of the daylight system I managed to overcome this problem. Once I was happy with the animation I created my finally uncompressed render of the scene in 1280 by 720. But after I had rendered the animation I notice that the wall slightly moved forwards. This meant that I needed to delete any key frames that I found for the wall and re-render my animation.

The images bellow show scene 4 of my animation:





No comments:

Post a Comment